A successful website thrives off its visitor’s interactions. But how does one motivate them to sign up for your newsletter, put something in their basket or download free information regarding a certain topic? Calls to action are created to speak directly to your site’s visitors and motivate them to react in one way or another. Let us explain how to design and use them.
- Describe in detail what the user is expected to do and what will happen if he/she does.
- Phrase a clear call to action with as few words as possible.
- Use an active verb, which prompts the desired outcome (subscribe, test, discover…)
- Pick a way of addressing visitors that best fits your target group.
- Highlight your calls to action with colors.
- Use a noticeable but easy-to-read font.
- Place your calls to action in direct vicinity of your offer.
- Use only one call to action per offer / sub page.
There are a number of calls to action that can be used. We recommend, however, that you take some time to write them yourself to reach your target group as well as your branch’s goals. Create informative and convincing calls that fit your business.
Helpful information regarding calls to action can be found in our free e-book: 8 Steps to Successful Online Advertisement
In nur 8 Schritten zur erfolgreichen Online-Werbung
Are you targeting your website visitors and asking them to do something? Check your content pages and add a call-to-action!